My mission is to provide a comprehensive, developmental school counseling program which addresses the academic, social/emotional, and career development of all students. The counseling program works to remove barriers from learning so that all students are capable of becoming successful learners.
"Swimming in a School of Character"
2017-2018 Character Words
Arbor Springs PBIS Matrix
Attendance incentive for all students!
Arbor Springs Elementary is striving for 100% attendance daily!
Teachers or students will fill in a letter each day all students are present and on time. Once all letters are filled, the class(es) can be recognized on Fridays on GNN after the drawing and receive a certificate to post outside of their classroom door. Each time a class fills in all letters, they start over and have the opportunity to be recognized each time. At the end of each nine weeks, the class with the best attendance will win a pizza party!
The school counseling program will:
· Classroom Guidance- The counselor will visit each classroom once a month to deliver a lesson to the entire class. Topics will include but not limited to character education, self-concept, emotional intelligence, conflict management, study skills, personal safety, friendship, peer pressure, bullying, and careers. Topics covered during classroom guidance will be based upon the Needs Assessment conducted at the beginning of the school year.
· Small Group Counseling- The counselor will meet with small groups of students sharing a common need or concern. Group sessions will be offered in the fall and spring, and topics will be based on students’ needs at that time. Students can be referred by administration, teachers, or parents. Sessions tend to last 6 to 8 weeks.
· Individual Counseling- The counselor is available to meet individually with students. Individual sessions are scheduled with students as requested by students, parents, and teachers.
· Parent Consultation- The counselor is available to meet with to discuss student academic, behavioral, and social concerns upon request.
· Teacher Collaboration- The counselor will work with teachers by providing and implementing research based strategies to help improve the success of students.
Services the Counseling Program will provide:
· Small group counseling
· Large group guidance
· Individual counseling
· Mentoring Program
· Character Education
· Student Recognition Program (S.M.O.R.E.S.)
· Parent consultations
· Facilitate communication between parents, teachers, and students
· Parent Resource Center
· Access to community resources
· Assist in Student Support Team Meetings